Default Hello from Lynchburg Va.

Hey Ladies and guys, It's been a long time. However i"m back I am still playing and teaching I work with 3 duos and a classic rock band. I'm recording with some very cool people doing a singer songwriter CD it is great not to be labled as this or that and have to follow some formula !!! My main intrest and talent are with Slide
    guitar. You can go to youtube and type in benifet for Dean King I am playing slide on the Allman Bros tunes it is what it is a great jam not a tight preformance. The benifet was for me I had a medical issue from out of the blue and the musicans of the Burg came together to help. I am humbled a forever greatfull. For those of us Pro. or local that have a chanch to use your talent for a good cause DO it is a day in your life that can help somebody in real need as i found out it could be you!!! A couple of things to help slide players. If your finger does not fit tightly in the slide try some weather stripping put it in the slide where your finger tip go's this stops the slide from moveing around or haveing to use another finger to hold it one less thing to deal with. Velcro (the soft side) will work on the hand side. Go to fle markets and look for ond medicine bottles. The brown ones have some kind of voodo. look for straight sides and make sure you clean them out good the green ones are cool also the weather stripping works great here also put it inside with several layers at the bottom leave enough room for your finger tip. I have 17 of these Slides and none of then sound the same most of the fun is going to find them. If you have any questions you can email me @ dking721@verizon.net Thanks Blueslide

Thumbs up Hello, Blueslide!

I used to live in Lynchburg, VA. Great City of Seven Hills only an hour from The Star City and home of several great colleges. Love the new music store on Fort Avenue now. It was not there back when I lived there. Love the Allman Bros. The music of my teens.
    Thanks for bringing back some great memories for me by mentioning Lynchburg. All my kids were born there and it where we bought our first home. WOW! Great times in days gone by (77-90).
    Welcome to the forum! Hang out, have fun, and make yourself at home here!
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's most average guitar player."

Welcome Blueslide and thanks for sharing your story. There does seem to be a big need for for folks when it comes to unexpected medical issues and getting treatment It wasn't that long ago that the great Pete Huttlinger was hospitalized and folks were doing benefits to try to help him get his medical bills paid so he could get further treatment. Apparently it's a cash and carry medical world out there at least in the United States and definitely for musicians.

We've got some Blues Slide Courses here. David Hamburger's Blues Slide Shop is one http://truefire.com/blues-guitar-les...es-slide-shop/
    Name:  dhssmast.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  44.6 KB

There is Geoff Hartwell's Electric Slide http://truefire.com/blues-guitar-les...lectric-slide/
    Name:  GL_ElectricSlide_Mast2.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  50.7 KB

And there is Richard Gilewitz's Acoustic Slide Guitar as well. http://truefire.com/acoustic-guitar-...s/slide-guide/
    Name:  slide-guide-mast.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  56.5 KB
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Blog Entries

Welcome Blueslide and thanks for the advice!
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Welcome to the forums Bueslide.

Welcome from a fellow Virginian here too Blue! Have fun and keep us up to date.
    The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled. -- Plutarch