Default Blues Harmonica Blueprint

I just received an email from TrueFire announcing the release of Blues Harmonica Blueprint. I am very excited to learn that TrueFire has released a harmonica course. I have always been a fan of blues harmonica and I picked one up years ago. I'm not quite sure why I never invested much time to learning to play it. Maybe it's the fact that I found the information in the instructional book I ordered hard to follow. I watched the sample video on the website and I really like the way that things are laid out. I feel like video would be a much better medium to explain the intricacies of the harmonica and feel like this course will be just the motivation I need to giving the harmonica another try.

http://truefire.com/techniques-guita...ica-blueprint/

Quote Originally Posted by jrhoden View Post
    I just received an email from TrueFire announcing the release of Blues Harmonica Blueprint. I am very excited to learn that TrueFire has released a harmonica course. I have always been a fan of blues harmonica and I picked one up years ago. I'm not quite sure why I never invested much time to learning to play it. Maybe it's the fact that I found the information in the instructional book I ordered hard to follow. I watched the sample video on the website and I really like the way that things are laid out. I feel like video would be a much better medium to explain the intricacies of the harmonica and feel like this course will be just the motivation I need to giving the harmonica another try.

I just woke up with this exciting news as well! My thoughts are exactly the same and this is a must buy for me. There is nothing more portable than a harmonica and there are no harmonica instruction materials worthy of the name until now. I am out the door for the day but the first thing for me when I get home is buying this. Cool news indeed.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    “Atheism is a non-prophet organization.” -George Carlin

email: gadlaw@gmail.com - http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

I am excited too! I always envied all those vocalists doing stellar harmonica improvisations . such as Neil Young, Dylan (of course), Roger Daltrey or Ian Anderson. I always felt frustrated in not giving me some time for harmonica learning. Now Im older, wiser, balder, but still zero in harmonica. So bring it this course!!!!

I agree.. I am in the same situation.
    Also, it's nice to see TF moving into other instruments.

I am patiently hoping that they open a keyboard division
    and star bring on some piano/keyboard courses in a similar format to the
    guitar courses!

db

Quote Originally Posted by dblues View Post
    I agree.. I am in the same situation.
    Also, it's nice to see TF moving into other instruments.

I am patiently hoping that they open a keyboard division
    and star bring on some piano/keyboard courses in a similar format to the
    guitar courses!

db
    Hey dblues.Welcome to the forum!
    I also agree about the keyboard course. Y'know I saw one of those Grimoire books and one is named Keboards for Guitarist or something like this: TF could make a similar approach.

Thanks man.
    There is a guy from Grove School who has some nice books
    on keyboards and he does online teaching with videos as well
    (forgot his name right now!)

True Fire should grab him!
    In any event I hope they open a keyboard division soon!

db

I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on this course.
    I always loved blues harp, and with Annie Raines and Paul Rishell this course looks like another winner from TrueFire.
    Johnny

Less is more

Played harmonica on and off for years.

Time to buy this course methinks.

Here is a rare clip of Rory Gallagher playing harmonica in an electric setting. This clip got me into playing slide as well, as well as buying a black/white tele.

So enjoy...

I watched through the Blues Harmonica Blueprint introduction video again and noticed at the end it is stated that you need a harmonica in the key of C. Well, I went upstairs and got my harmonica out, and wouldn't you know it, it's actually in the key of C. I could have sworn that mine was in the key of A for some reason. This is turning out to be a pretty good day

Default Finally got a Chance to Order the TrueFire Harmonica Course!

Sunday morning, finally able to settle down a minute and purchase this course. I'm very interested to see how it's being taught. I've only ever seen the random beginner Harmonica book but this time I'm looking at
    - 263 Minutes of Video
    - 50 Songs & Exercises
    - Animated Graphics
    - Text Commentary
    - 75 Pages of Tab
    - Live Band Jam Tracks

I have my Harmonica right here with me and it's ready to be more than just a paperweight!

I bought this as soon as i got the email that it was out. the funny thing is that just the week before i got the email i was thinking to myself (after being frustrated with the harp methods i had sampled so far) that it would be awesome if TF would make a blues harp course... and here it is. I've only practiced for an hour and i'm already playing... great course, great instructor! absolutely recommended!

I've always wanted to learn so I'm pretty excited that TF put this together. It’s going to be fun learning a new instrument. Thanks again TF

Quote Originally Posted by golfnutt67 View Post
    I've always wanted to learn so I'm pretty excited that TF put this together. It’s going to be fun learning a new instrument. Thanks again TF
    Here's #15 Hey Gary! - Blues Harmonica Blueprint by our TrueFire Instructor Annie Raines.! Now watch this lesson, this song and tell yourself that you can follow along with that! Pretty awesome.

And of course my copy arrived this last week. I get the physical copy and the download usually like this time. It's always nice to be getting something in the mail.

Name:  bluesharmonica.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  90.1 KB

Blog Entries

I'm patiently waiting for my copy and harp to arrive. I hope it comes this week.

BTW I'm glad to see you have the troops gathered round to protect your copy.
    ----------------------------------
    Stay tuned

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by gadlaw View Post
    Here's #15 Hey Gary! - Blues Harmonica Blueprint by our TrueFire Instructor Annie Raines.! Now watch this lesson, this song and tell yourself that you can follow along with that! Pretty awesome.

And of course my copy arrived this last week. I get the physical copy and the download usually like this time. It's always nice to be getting something in the mail.

Name:  bluesharmonica.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  90.1 KB
    Nice vid Gad thanks for posting that if that doesnt get you excited to learn harp you must have no pulse......

i love music and i was sung a song so i want to share it with some one,
    any body like to understand my feelings which i add in my song??
    thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by malikinam View Post
    i love music and i was sung a song so i want to share it with some one,
    any body like to understand my feelings which i add in my song??
    thanks..
    You can certianly post your personal video here. It's best done via YouTube or Vimeo. Get yourself a free subscription and sign up to either place and load a video to there and link it from there to here.
    Are you harmonica player? - You know, relevant to this thread and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestme View Post
    I'm patiently waiting for my copy and harp to arrive. I hope it comes this week.
    Mine arrived today. Ripped the box open, gave it a few toots, and the dog went ballistic. I'm hoping that isn't a critique of my playing.

Quote Originally Posted by rashotts View Post
    Mine arrived today. Ripped the box open, gave it a few toots, and the dog went ballistic. I'm hoping that isn't a critique of my playing.
    Would you believe that there are a lot of dog howling with harmonica videos? I use my harmonica to annoy the parrots.

This course is currently my number-one contender for my first Truefire purchase after 5 months. I've played nothing but the guitar during my entire lifetime but I have always been a big fan of the harmonica; I love being able to take it out and jam without any set-ups or anything.

Can anyone here give me their initial impressions of the course? Will it help a complete and utter harmonica newbie like me sound great (or at least passable)? And more importantly, will there be more courses like this? Seriously though, something to build repertoire or maybe something like a Blues Harmonica Jam Survival Guide would be tasty...
    Last edited by gadlaw; 05-22-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Alright, let me try it again to load this answer up. My initial impression of this course is that it is great. It's set up for the beginner, it gives you all the theory and information you could need to understand what's going on and it builds up the degree of difficulty very nicely. For instance, here is a screen capture of Annie explaining the chord structure of the Harmonica. You take a look and marvel at how simple it is. Except for me - get blow and draw mixed up.
    Name:  blowdraw.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  89.1 KB

TrueFire put 15 of the videos up on YouTube that you can watch and see for yourself
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIytd...0462F3F49608C1

Here's one of those videos

Price? 29 bucks for the download, 39 for the disk. Your discounts and TrueFire cash can be applied and bring those costs down quickly. Also you can get a Harmonica sent for 9 bucks plus shipping.

It's all good.

Blog Entries

I think it looks like a great comprehensive course soup to nuts... I'm waiting for mine to arrive.

One thing to note re the harmonica purchase is that the course is based on a Key of C harmonica so if you might have a harmonica sitting around somewhere and its not in the key of c, it'd be well worth the 9 bucks to spring for the harmonica in addition to the course.

Unfortunately you can't download a harmonica so... hope you give it a shot, should be loads of fun.
    Stay tuned

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by pfizer View Post
    Can anyone here give me their initial impressions of the course? Will it help a complete and utter harmonica newbie like me sound great (or at least passable)?
    I have not had a chance to dig in since the harmonica arrived yesterday. I did view the first couple segments when I downloaded the course, and I will echo the other comments - the material seems to be well organized and presented. Pretty much as we would expect of any TF course. From what I have seen, I am optimistic that it will work for a complete beginner like me. Probably will not have time to do anything until the weekend, though. On the other hand, I also have a new arch top coming in Thursday or Friday. That might distract me a wee bit. If only the darn dog would get a job so I could stay home and play music all the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rashotts View Post
    I have not had a chance to dig in since the harmonica arrived yesterday. I did view the first couple segments when I downloaded the course, and I will echo the other comments - the material seems to be well organized and presented. Pretty much as we would expect of any TF course. From what I have seen, I am optimistic that it will work for a complete beginner like me. Probably will not have time to do anything until the weekend, though. On the other hand, I also have a new arch top coming in Thursday or Friday. That might distract me a wee bit. If only the darn dog would get a job so I could stay home and play music all the time.
    Wow quite a week Rashotts... I'm jealous, new harmonica and new archtop... looks like you'll be busy this weekend... LOL Have fun
    Stay tuned

Chris

I watched all the Youtube videos and I really like what I've seen so far. Annie knows her stuff and I like her teaching style.

There's just something great about being able to play music anytime you want without any set-up. Hope to see more harp courses from TF in the future!