Thread: New pedals!

Blog Entries

Default New pedals!

Well I sold a bunch of stuff....more on the block too (some PA gear and other little used stuff) but I have added a few as well all usesd but one.

Zvex Seek Wah just like this

Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Blog Entries

Malekko EF

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Blog Entries

Black Arts Pharoah fuzz

Blog Entries

Zcats Hold-Delay

Blog Entries

and lastly.....Empress Compressor

Yep, the Starship is getting an overhaul

Blog Entries

Nope I forgot one

Got this one in first and have really put it through it's paces. I never had a real tubescreamer before, I love it. Now the only OD/boost box I'm going to keep as I am convinced my amp covers enough ground already. So I have gone from 5 dirt boxes to 2 or 3. I have got to put the Pharoah through it's paces to see if I can get rid of my Orange Cool Cat fuzz or not. The Pharoah has a silicone and germanium transistor option so I am hoping......Scrapped the tuner pedal, I am kind of diggin the snarks I have and a few other mods as well....it will be even better I hope!

Blog Entries

If you're looking to sell off the tuner pedal, I might be in the market. Not that I need another tuner per se, but the amp is on a chair in the practice room and with the coily cord it threatens to jump off. So I figure on "nailing" the tuner to the floor and use it as a landing point for the cord. I was looking at a cheap Behringer pedal, but I might be open to other options.
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.

Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

Blog Entries

I have one of these I would part with for $55.00 (has velcro but near mint, box included)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CIZA7M/...SIN=B001CIZA7M

Nice and heavy plus easy to see!

Pretty cool, some of these sound good. The first three are interesting to be sure. When is that guy from ProGuitarShop coming out with a Instructional Course?
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Quote Originally Posted by gadlaw View Post
    Pretty cool, some of these sound good. The first three are interesting to be sure. When is that guy from ProGuitarShop coming out with a Instructional Course?
    Right On !..

Best Ever !

Praise Be The Lord, My Rock, Who Trains My Hands For War, and My Fingers For Battle;

My name is Michael Westen. I used to be a spy.
    Check out the "Triads & Hendrixian Double Stops" Study Group" Put in your 2 Cents

http://truefire.com/forum/showthread...ot-Study-Group

Cool stuff! I really like the Seek Wah. Maybe not real versatile, but I could see writing a few songs around it.
    Nice sounding compressor, looks expensive.

Blog Entries

Seek Wah is a very one trick pony. I don't see keeping it long after playing with it a bit tonight.

Blog Entries

The compressor is very good, going to be an always on pedal without a doubt. Pharaoh fuzz is hugely tweakable. Not all of it good but some of it very good. The Malekko E.F. is just friggin fun. Definitely going to flip the Seek Wah.

Blog Entries

Finally got a chance to watch the demos, some very cool pedals. Love that compressor.
    Personally not a huge fan of fuzz, more of an overdrive guy myself, but that one seems pretty versatile.

Sounds like a deal for the tuner. I have your email, we can finish in private.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfboy1 View Post
    Black Arts Pharoah fuzz

That's one pedal I miss on my board!
    Happy NPD
    Johnny

Less is more

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfboy1 View Post
    Black Arts Pharoah fuzz

Pharaoh fuzz is hugely tweakable. Not all of it good but some of it very good.
    you know Wolfboy, that black arts just isn't the right type of pedal for you.... no sir, you won't like it at all. You should just box it up and ship it right on over.......to me!

That pedal just sounds amazing to me.

Slightly more seriously, there are a ton of tube screamers out there - is there a matrix or something that helps you figure out which model is best for you? How did you come to choose that one?

Tim
    "The hard part is just syncing your left and right hand, which is.... When it is super loud, it really doesn't matter anyway" ~Satchel from Steel Panther

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by plumbee View Post
    you know Wolfboy, that black arts just isn't the right type of pedal for you.... no sir, you won't like it at all. You should just box it up and ship it right on over.......to me!

That pedal just sounds amazing to me.

Slightly more seriously, there are a ton of tube screamers out there - is there a matrix or something that helps you figure out which model is best for you? How did you come to choose that one?

Tim
    First the thing with the pharaoh fuzz....It's not a design flaw but the 3 toggle switch Si-Ge-Ge has a huge volume difference so when you switch that toggle you really have to dial in the other knobs, it would be nice if they were a little closer in volume. I know..it's designed that way but it caused me issues. It has some mammoth tones in it though. I do like it better than the Lunar module in that there are more sounds available in this box.

Tube Screamer choices....I have no idea how to choose other than try them. It is all subjective anyway. My ears are not what they use to be so I probably like different choices than others but what the heck. I have decided that simpler is better and my amp with 4 channels has gquite a variety of options I just want the one pedal that works well with my amp, my other pedals and is clear/articulate. Some pedals just take an edge of the high end or something. When you stomp on them they get louder but loose their luster. Also I have the best luck with green ones

Bad Monkey....pretty good
    Hardwire CM-2... real good...to many options for me but really good sounds with a little dialing
    Ibanez TS-9....Simple, bold , articulate, easy to find a great sound.

Other pedals I have tried that while good....I sold them.
    Paul Cochran Tim....not a thing wrong with this one but to big...and to many options (not green but a very cool blue) Would be happier with a Timmy.
    Liquid Blues....Huge pedal, good sound but like the Hardwire and TS9 better (not green but lots of pretty lights)
    MXR DIII....nice warmth to be dialed in but a little muddy IMHO (little red box, not even shiny)
    Sparkle Drive....well loved by many but not me. Never quite sure I was using it correctly. It's knobs are a little counter-intuitive and it is bigger than many (black box, average graphics)
    Hardwire SC-2....Liked the CM-2 substantialy better (not green but very shiny and well built)

I have had others but need more coffee at the moment.

Blog Entries

Props to Wolfboy. The tuner applied today, and was packed for shipping very well. Original box was bubble wrapped inside an additional box. VERY securely taped closed, I think he has stock in 3M. I'll have to test it out later after family (well spouse really) time.

There was one small issue though

We had a stowaway!
    All dried out and crunchy.

Quote Originally Posted by rjbasque View Post
    Props to Wolfboy. The tuner applied today, and was packed for shipping very well. Original box was bubble wrapped inside an additional box. VERY securely taped closed, I think he has stock in 3M. I'll have to test it out later after family (well spouse really) time.

There was one small issue though

We had a stowaway!
    All dried out and crunchy.
    Ah, they grow up so fast and before you know it they have applied. That would be a Rough Stink Bug according to my iPad Audubon Guide for insects and spiders.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Quote Originally Posted by gadlaw View Post
    That would be a Rough Stink Bug according to my iPad Audubon Guide for insects and spiders.
    That was the engineer...

Best Ever !

Praise Be The Lord, My Rock, Who Trains My Hands For War, and My Fingers For Battle;

My name is Michael Westen. I used to be a spy.
    Check out the "Triads & Hendrixian Double Stops" Study Group" Put in your 2 Cents

http://truefire.com/forum/showthread...ot-Study-Group