Default Which Robbie Calvo Course to start first?????

Hi all

For those that have finished all of Robbie Calvos Courses. In what order would you recommend to do them.

Cheers

Blog Entries

Sweet Notes rooooools, and unlocks the board like nothing else

H

Sweet Notes...nufff said!

Default What Robbie Calvo Course should you work with first? Sweet Notes! :)

Sweet Notes by Robbie Calvo is the first course that Robbie did and it serves as an introduction to the rest of the courses. It will open doors for you into your fretboard and is the most accessible. There are a lot of threads about this course in the forum which have further charts and discussions so you can really zero in to what is going on in the course.

http://truefire.com/tftv/?channel=sw...otes/rcsn_01_w
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    “Atheism is a non-prophet organization.” -George Carlin

email: gadlaw@gmail.com - http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Well I have been going over this for about 2 weeks. So far I have got through the first 11 videos and feell like I am getting it down. For those that have done the course - did you make sure that you could play the intro tab that Robbie plays before you move on?

I have been playing around with Am7 Sweet Note tab. I will probably go through Dm7, F9, E9, Am9 & Am11 until I move on. I have also been jamming to the backing tracks to make sure I resolve on the Sweet Notes.

How did others work through this before they moved on?

Quote Originally Posted by curemat View Post
    Well I have been going over this for about 2 weeks. So far I have got through the first 11 videos and feell like I am getting it down. For those that have done the course - did you make sure that you could play the intro tab that Robbie plays before you move on?

I have been playing around with Am7 Sweet Note tab. I will probably go through Dm7, F9, E9, Am9 & Am11 until I move on. I have also been jamming to the backing tracks to make sure I resolve on the Sweet Notes.

One you never move on I have been using the ideas Robbie presents here and have not run out of things yet.
    I learned it from another person at first it was one of the first guitar lesson I even had was basic triads and the use of chord tones.
    I don't think there is a moving on ,I purchase his R & B course by accident as I thought it was another course and he is a very good teacher.
    Since I was 6 when I was shown this stuff and I still find new way to play the same things,
    Must of what he teaches is really great foundation stuff really get to the very heart of the matter and is not that hard to grasp, I have been working on a way to think of these chord tones or arpeggio's for about a year I am looking forward to his Modes lesson, as I think he will do the same make music and not think about modes.

Quote Originally Posted by curemat View Post

Curemat,

This one is definitely a game changer. My own view is work through the entire course (as you are doing) get a handle on the concept, work on the application and really watch for those ideas that GRAB YOU! Then come back to it and work the detail. In terms of learning Robbie's tab I think this is a totally valid approach as long as you are looking for the ideas or SOUNDS that work for you. The real gift here is absorbing the concept and the sound of any given sweet note in the context of the song you are in. I believe the absolute best thing you can do is apply the concepts over the jam tracks. Then take a tune you are learning or know and apply some sweet notes, now it starts to sink into your musical DNA>

Thanks for the replies. I found that I really had to think more about what I was doing when I used a Jam Track (trying to finish on the Sweet Note). So I will keep that up. Im enjoing the course so far and its all slowly sinking in, I have even made my own booklet while transcribing all the techniques that Robbie shows so I can go through the video at the same time (this makes life easier). I didnt like all the pdfs as they are all the same except the main riff he plays.

The Strat got serviced today and I will be playing all night long!