Blog Entries

Default Axl Rose not going to Rock and Roll HoF...

So Guns 'n Rose are going to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but Axl doesn't want to be a part. My initial reaction was "oh wow, Axl is being a jerk. What a surprise." The LA Times has his letter to the HoF published here: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/musi...-inducted.html

I don't think i can be excerpt from it b/c while there is some filler, i think to get the full point, you have to read the entire letter.

My take, reading between the lines, wasn't so much that he didn't want to go and perform (tho he may not want to) but rather the Hall is only recognizing the original GNR and not his current lineup. I actually find it kind of admirable that he is willing to pass this up for the guys in the current band. And while it is easy to say that the new guys shouldn't be in, i don't think the Hall has an official, you must be a member for x number of albums kind of rule. I am pretty sure they just make it up as they go along.

wikipedia has a list of all the inductees and bands and you can see which people got in and got left out.

Tim

Boo Hoo...Axl is playing to the media again.

Look at the bands who had split and then agreed to hook up for awards..Led Zep?

GNR are not even close to rock greatness (1 to maybe 2 great albums and a lot of drama) yet Axl feels the need to publise his discomfort at the award.

Perhaps bury the ego and try again or bury GNR and retire. All the formers members have moved on, so Axl put your money where your mouth is....or shut it!

PS i aint the worlds biggest GNR fan but I am tired of this longwinded drama.

Blog Entries

Axl = Dick

Slash = Legend

He made his choice

H
    Worked On: BGSG Course BlogWorking On: 50 R&B Bass Grooves YMK Blog

Groove long and prosper Tune in to Funk Friday

Others are looking forward to it. Pay attention at 1:11
    Johnny

Less is more

Blog Entries

Nice video!

Plumbee I can see your point. I am not a big fan of the R&RHOF or Axl. I live in Columbus and can't be bothered to visit even though I LOVE R&R. Too much politics involved with the choices. The problem is Axl is like the little boy who cried wolf in a way...well more like the big douche bag that whined....I can't believe any motivational statement he makes. He has a long history of douche bagginess and/or mental health issues and by all appearances is an A-hole.

Aside from Axl's character....Appetite was brilliant and almost as important an album as VH1. Plus, if you took the best of both Loose Your Illusion albums and made 1 disc it would be phenomenal. This is all my opinion and you know what they say about opinions......
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

I have to agree with the WHO CARES attitude
    Axl made his bed and he can't seem to get out of it. He keeps trying to play the pity card.
    If he would man up and take on reality he would realize that it is a great honor and go and keep his mouth shut.
    but that is not Axl's way. he would rather spit on his audience and walk off stage after 3 songs and refuse to come back on. Has done that a few times.
    Anyone who treats their fans like that does not deserve to be in the R&R HOF.

The only thing I know about Guns and Roses is that there is a song by them that's on the Jim Rome Show and I still don't know who or what a 'Slash' is other than a guy with curly hair and a big hat.

And a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - from folks who don't remember what Rock and Roll was all about. Pretty much all on ignore for me.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfboy1 View Post
    Plumbee I can see your point. I am not a big fan of the R&RHOF or Axl. I live in Columbus and can't be bothered to visit even though I LOVE R&R.
    I have been visiting Cleveland at least twice a year my entire life, yet haven't made it there, either

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfboy1 View Post
    Too much politics involved with the choices. The problem is Axl is like the little boy who cried wolf in a way...well more like the big douche bag that whined....I can't believe any motivational statement he makes. He has a long history of douche bagginess and/or mental health issues and by all appearances is an A-hole.
    To be honest, i haven't really followed the HoF too much. after i posted, i was looking at who was in and stuff and saw that the closest example to GnR was Skynyrd.

The Hall inducted everyone prior to the 77 crash and no one else. Post 77 Skynyrd has been way more consistent, released more albums, and toured more than new GNR. If Johnny Van Zant cant get in after 25 years of fronting the band, i don't think whoever Axl found to play on Chinese democracy should get in, either.

While i would never say that a member of a band was replaceable when CREATING the music, when it comes to performing modern rock and pop music, i think just about anybody can be replaced - Axl has a pretty unique sound but Myles Kennedy sounds really, really good and is apparently not crazy. There were some acoustic sets with Myles and Slash on youtube, somewhere.