Blog Entries

Lightbulb Roll Call... Intros

Hey this is a cool idea...

How about a roll call... What's your name and whose Sherpa class are you taking?

I'm Chris and I'm in Jeff McErlain's class.
    ----------------------------------
    Stay tuned

Chris

Hi everyone.

I am Morten and happens to be in Jeff McErlain's class as well.

Mrten

Thumbs up

Hi everyone!
    I'm Nancy and I'm in Doc Jimmy's Dobro class!!

Default Intro

Jack Miller, San Diego, CA. Jeff McErlain's Blues. Looks like we're well represented here. If we had a drummer, we'd have a band.

Blues Rock Summit !!! Yeah Baby !!
    Howdy Folks

Praise Be The Lord, My Rock, Who Trains My Hands For War, and My Fingers For Battle;

"One of these days I'm gonna cut you up into little pieces."

Check out the "Triads & Hendrixian Double Stops" Study Group" Put in your 2 Cents

http://truefire.com/forum/showthread...ot-Study-Group

Hey Guys!

Just checking in here!

J e f f

Default Roll Call Intros

Scott Perry studying w/ Frank Vignola (and couldn't be happier)!
    Scott Perry
    Husband, Father, Teacher & Musician
    http://www.ohpapa.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ohpapa

Blog Entries

This is Rich and I am deeply into Sheryl Bailey's Bebop Dojo.
    now trying to break 1900.

Default Hello Everyone

Dino Giolitti from Lincoln California just joined Chris Buono's Guitar Gym.

Hey Guys! Jeff Scheetz here - from.... well - my classroom!

Great to have you all here!!

jeff
    Jeff Scheetz - TrueFire's Director of Education
    TrueFire
    Jeff Scheetz Website and Blog

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." - Benjamin Franklin -

Cool Hello, Sherpa Folks!

This is very cool!
    wvgman from ??? wv and I am in Jeff Beasley's Shred Warehouse. Don't let the name fool you, there is a load of of material in the warehouse not exclusive to shred guitar, but essential for all good guitar playing. I have been a fan of TrueFire for years and I am sure all the Sherpa classes are excellent or they would not be here!
    Have fun and enjoy every day (they only last 24 very short hours)!
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's most average guitar player."

Hey all!

I'm
    Red! I got the blues.................. but don't worry.....I'm a Sherpa....I'll share......

Default Hello from the Metal Shop!

Hey guys, just checking in to say hello! I am the resident rocker here, but no matter what your favorite flavor of music is, if it is made with 6 strings (and sometimes 7 strings;) it is cool by me. So glad to be a part of Sherpa!

14. Default Hello from the Bebop Dojo!

Sheryl Bailey here, hoping to represent the Bebop Dojo! This has been one of the coolest experiences as a teacher and musician I've come across. The best thing is that I've learned as much or more than my students here!

Rock on, swing on, fuze on, folk out......

Default Hey Hey from the GG

Yooooooooooooo,

Chris Buono here - Mr. Task Master from the Guitar Gym dropping a hey hey. Sherpa for life!!

Chris Buono
    =-=-=-=-=-=
    ChrisBuono.com
    Facebook
    Twitter
    YouTube

Default Sherpalicious Dreamtime - Gday Mates

I'm a Chris Buono Gym Junkie !!! oh yeah....Howdy Sherpa dudes....

Sam here from the top of the world,, well actually from the land downunder.. Adelaide Australia... I thought I would re-post my take on The GYM with Chris Buono.. enjoy the rant!!!

Sensitivity Honesty Encouragement Respect Professionalism Accessibility = SHERPA.

What else can I say... well.... >

This is the future of one on one personal musical development - What the internet was made for...

Chris Buono is not only a great musician and artist in his own right but he is also a master educator. He gives you the confidence and the encouragement to get you to a place where you truly believe in yourself and your abilities and then with utter mastery, he will have you chopping up the fretboard like there is no tomorrow and your life depends on it.

He will respectfully and with subtleness point out your weaknesses and find the triggers to push your buttons and get you up up and away! Wholly batfire! this man is a superhero.. well you know it does feel out of this world when as a musician and artist you find a teacher, someone who you come to respect very early on and who actually listens to you and takes a personal commitment to your own development... Awesome man...

Benefits: A strategy, a plan, a workout schedule, your own personal trainer - Great.

"Sherpaland" is a Global playground of like minded individuals all wishing to re-ignite the fire and passion and belief in there own musical abilities. Fantastic...
    I can be discussing my personal plan face to face with Chris, and at the same time planning a musical class project with classmates from Denmark, Germany, USA and the UK whilst watching footage of PRe-Production at the Hollywood Bowl... that's what I'm talking about...

No pressure felt, your own pace, total commitment from the team and Chris, Dr Funk congrats man... I am a believer! LOL....

Oh and I forgot to mention... you get homework.. every day... Awesome. luv it..

Default Spicoli here dudes

Yo, I'm here on a endless ride through Guitar Gym with Chris Buono. Check it out, be sure to get yourself some! Great feedback, quick response to your homework, and the best instruction available in this big blue ocean. Oh yeah Kooks allowed racked, shacked and pitted...........Spicoli

Default Checking in from the Arts End of the World

Hi,

Who ever came up with this concept should be knighted or given the equivalent honour in the US.

There is no other place that offers this kind of teaching. Period. Quality Teachers at your own pace.

Guitar Gym. There aren't enough superlatives to describe the impact on my playing. I've been in GG for close to 10 months now. The impact on my playing - wow!
    I've learned more here in 10 months than in the 10 years previously.

Chris Buono is an amazing player and teacher. A rare combination. He is also generous in sharing his knowledge. GG is the place where you get your chops in order, or refine them. You could stay here for years and not hit the bottom.
    I was crazy enough to ask Chris to make it harder for me.. he responded in kind and I haven't looked back.

It is truly an international gym with students from Europe, USA, Mexico, and the Land Down Under.

Loving every moment.

Cameron McAndrew

PS. Watch out for that Sam Pappas fellow. He's Awesome!

Default Cam my man - The Thunder from Downunder

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_Mc View Post
    Hi,

Who ever came up with this concept should be knighted or given the equivalent honour in the US.

There is no other place that offers this kind of teaching. Period. Quality Teachers at your own pace.

Guitar Gym. There aren't enough superlatives to describe the impact on my playing. I've been in GG for close to 10 months now. The impact on my playing - wow!
    I've learned more here in 10 months than in the 10 years previously.

Chris Buono is an amazing player and teacher. A rare combination. He is also generous in sharing his knowledge. GG is the place where you get your chops in order, or refine them. You could stay here for years and not hit the bottom.
    I was crazy enough to ask Chris to make it harder for me.. he responded in kind and I haven't looked back.

It is truly an international gym with students from Europe, USA, Mexico, and the Land Down Under.

Loving every moment.

Cameron McAndrew

PS. Watch out for that Sam Pappas fellow. He's Awesome!
    Thanks my man ..Arts End of The World !!!!! love it ......See you in the gym my man ...I'll bring the Barbie (q) you bring the chops !!!!

Smile Sherpa is the Shizz!!!!

Hey Guys,

Like many of the other guys who have posted on this thread I have enrolled into the guitar gym with Chris!

I'm pretty new in the Gym and have only been signed up for a little over 2 weeks! Some of the other Sherpa brothers have been in the gym for a lot longer but already I can echo the opinions of the other guys. In this short time I have communicated with Chris and many of the other students in the class on a daily basis and there's always something going on.

With regards to the lessons themselves, I'm looking at things I've never looked at before which is exciting and inspiring. Chris is always on hand to answer questions and despite being on the other side of the world, I know I can send him a video or question overnight and I can wake up with a response from Chris. He's encouraging and always willing to offer advice when you need it. It just makes you wanna play better, which is just what we all want!!

I'm getting far more from these lessons than I ever would if I took lessons from a local teacher! This is the future and I'm glad to be part of it!

Keep up the good work guys!

Lee, UK

Default Hello All - Checking in!

Hey!
    My name is Joe and I'm all about rock, jazz with a dash of blues - that's the fusion of styles in me. Would be nice to see a couple if my students chime in here as well. No matter your style of playing it's all about becoming the player YOU want to be!

Happy to be here!
    Joe

Oh! and say goodbye to this!

Default Aloha From Maui

Randy (BluesWave) checking in to support my most very patient teacher Chris Buono and the Guitar Gym. I'm into a lot of different kinds of music, mostly what I play is blues-rock .... not into: Hip Hop .... I'm really glad to glad to be a part of this and to be here - hey at my age I'm glad to be anywhere!!

Aloha!!

Cool Just signed up today w00t-w00t!!!!

After not playing for awhile (life and work pulled me away) I'm back and kind of scattered trying to get musical life back together, so I signed up today for Sheryl Bailey's Dojo. Haven't even got a lesson plan yet but the videos and materials are exactly what I need.

Steve B.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I want to be as famous as midnight as powerful as a gun
    as loved as a pizza - Macy Gray
    Steve B.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I want to be as famous as midnight as powerful as a gun
    as loved as a pizza - Macy Gray

Welcome aboard Doc!!! Glad you are "back at it"! Let us know how it goes - Sheryl has one of our most popular classrooms - because she has great content, is a great player and teacher, and is just generally cool!!

JS
    Jeff Scheetz - TrueFire's Director of Education
    TrueFire
    Jeff Scheetz Website and Blog

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." - Benjamin Franklin -

Blog Entries

Doc I'm sure you'll enjoy Sherpa especially with a handle like Docbop. Have fun.
    Stay tuned

Chris

Hello all!

New student here, both to guitar and truefire. Been "playing" a couple of years but nothing to write home about.
    Just enrolled in Sheryl Bailey's jazz class, hopefully I'll be able to get the most out of it!

Blog Entries

Hello Goranp

We're in different Sherpa classrooms, I'm in Jeff McErlain's class but I still wanted to say Welcome aboard. I've heard good things about Sheryl's class so I think you'll be in good hands. I hope to see you around in the TF Forum.
    Stay tuned

Chris

Thanks Chris!

I've considered quite a few classes (Jeff's included) for quite a while before I actually joined. I first came to TF looking for blues lessons but this jazz class seemed just too good to pass up. Blues will have to take a back seat for a while.
    Honestly, if finances allow it, I see more sherpas for me down the line!

Blog Entries

You know I've often thought it would be really cool to mix and mingle through all the Sherpa class rooms...spend time with all of them. Wouldn't that be cool?

Enjoy yourself.
    Stay tuned

Chris

Howdy!

I'm Rick...in Jeff Beasley's class... I'm at the abject beginner point.
    -Rick
    ...just picking up a guitar for the first time. Anti-rhythm is my superpower.

Hi Guys,

I'm Chris. Just signed up to Jeff Scheetz' Blues Rock Summit. Somewhere near the bottom of this mountain, but I'm ready to start climbing...

Default Hi all!

Hi,

I'm Wanderley (from Brazil).

Enroled to Jeff Scheetz' classroom this month and already having fun with my lessons.

Blog Entries

Hey Chris [AKA Zoidberg] Cool name, I like it. Have been enjoying your blogs in the forum.

Welcome to you, Wanderlay. I am in Jeff McErlain's clas but still wanted to say welcome aboard.

I'm sure Jeff Scheetz class is going to be lots of learning and fun for both of you.
    Stay tuned

Chris

Hi everyone! I'm Tonie, and I'm located in Utah. Just signed up for Jamie Andreas' Guitar Principles and Fundamentals.
    KG
    ------------------------------
    Current course: Jamie Andreas' Guitar Principles and Fundamentals Sherpa

Cool New arrival to the forum

Hi Gang I just set up my forum account and thought I would check in. ciao Bronwyn
    BronwynH Jimi Hendrix has been imitated so well he heard people copy his mistakes. & Until you’re ready to look foolish, you’ll never have the possibility of being great.

Thumbs up Welcome to the Forum!

Hi Bronwyn,
    Welcome to the forum and to the world of TrueFire! You will find tons of things here to help better your guitar playing skills. Hang out and have fun with us here on the forum and chime in on any thread. We encourage participation! Have fun!
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's most average guitar player."

Default Entered Guitar Babylon

Hi
    I'm enrolled in Rob Garlands Guitar Babylon, early days still... almost decided to drop-out due to a unbelievable busy month but I'm glad I decided to keep at it!
    /nicke

Thumbs up Hi Nicket

I am sure you will enjoy Rob Garland's class. He is an awesome player, gifted instructor, and generally all round cool guy.
    Hang in there. Life does try to crowd out guitar sometimes, but you can do it.

I am a fan of Rob's class... In 3 months, I've been completely transformed and getting better every day!

Enjoy it, and glad you stuck with it!
    "I'm not trying to play guitar... I'm trying to play music!" Michael Hedges
    Mastering the low end, one TF course at a time...

The music is here: Dubhain Music

Thanks for the encouragement, guys!

And I guess I'll be seeing you in the classroom, acoustic356!

/nicke