Recent Blogs Posts

1. Brazilian Groove Quest

I don’t know exactly when it happened but as a teenager I heard some bossa nova Jobim’s “Wave” album,

think it was a restaurant soundtrack, at the time way to sophisticated for my cloth ears but it planted a seed that has stayed with me to this day. When I took classical lessons back in the early 80’s I tried to master “Wave” but the arrangement was too far away from my technique and I had a Les
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. a most unusual store in a unusual place

I am on small mini vacation while on a trip to utah to visit my daughter in a town called Moab. Moab is the closest town to Arches national park, a point of interest for geologists and hikers. Not exactly for guitarists! I did do a mid morning hike for about 1.5 miles up to delicate arch which was mostly uphill on a petrified sand dune. This took about 2.5 hours round trip.

On the way back to my hotel in moab i stopped in the only music store i could find in this red rock cow town. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Video Test Blog

So the student run Sherpa class is still in limbo at the moment. So I was thinking we might be able to use this blog area for some of the ideas that were kicking around. One of which was a series on how to get started w/ Sherpa. Sheetz and McErlaine had done some interesting videos on how they get (mostly) audio into the videos, and in preparation I had done this video (see below) on cameras, along with some associated text.

Let me know what you guys think of this idea

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Spring

Well spring is here and the nights are warming up so that means I start working on my old shoe collection. I grab a guitar and a cigar and go out on the deck and sing bad Jimmy Buffet songs till the neighbors throw shoes at me

Really, I love to sit out in the evenings and smoke a cigar and play guitar or read. I find I usually spend as little time inside as possible. It's also the time of year where it's to warm to run the furnace and to cool for my wife to turn on the A/C. ...
    Tags: test, test2 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized