Recent Blogs Posts

1. What's new.....

Well since the last blog I added some Gary Moore to the library:

Some of my favorite tunes of his in a play-along format from Hal Leonard, 8 songs: Cold Day in Hell Empty Rooms The Loner Oh Pretty Woman Since I Met You Baby Still Got the Blues Texas Strut Walking by Myself. Also picked up a couple of Jimmy Buffet songbooks for the 12-string.

I'm starting to work on my singing maybe ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. David Hamburger's 50 Jazz Blues Licks

I arrived at TrueFire just a couple of months ago and I've yet much to discover - it's being quite a fun journey, guys.
    And so my latest discovery was David Hamburger's 50 Jazz Blues Licks; I'm jumping in at Lick #29, Winton Kelly's. This one's right in my alley - and I'm pretty sure the whole series will be just as good and helpful for my playing - Thanks, David!
    I recorded a quick video to go with this post where I played the lick a couple of times against a jazz blues in F backing ...
  3. Second Blog entry, testing pics and video links

My first 'Blog' entry was to test the system. It posted out three times and the one they saved was without the picture I attached which exhorted everyone to 'Think Outside the Box' - kitty style.
    Name:  poopcat.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  32.4 KB

Each forum member has an opportunity to use the Blog for their guitar related musings. To keep track of their progress and discoveries, to write their own reviews of the courses they have purchased and to keep track of the things they find important. ...
  4. Guitar Journey

Well I got home early from work today as my wife was sick and wanted to leave early (we work in adjacent court houses). So I burned a few vacation hours and came home and played guitar. Using my ever trustworthy Tascam GT-1 I strapped on my Ernie Ball Axis and worked on some Alice Cooper, to wit: Billion Dollar Babies, No More Mr. Nice Guy and Desperado. Hal Leonard released a cool new tab book.

Name:  519Dmi7k5UL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  25.6 KB

12 transcriptions from the King of Shock Rock ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized