PDA

View Full Version : Interval Insights

leparker
09-26-2008, 10:23 AM
I've started looking at this course; I don't understand the first exercise in 6ths. Are these notes 6ths? A-E-A! I don't see them as 6ths but then it's me and I may be totally confused.

Tried to attach PDF file from course but it was too big! If you get a chance check it out HERE (http://truefire.com/tftv/index.html?channel=interval&videofile=interval/im6ths1) under the chart button.

beboy
09-26-2008, 11:31 AM
If you are looking at the very first chord in the chart, its an A chord and doesn't contain any 6ths. I believe the 6ths come up during the licks. Scroll down the to the 2nd page of the chart and the 6ths are more clear.

I haven't messed around with this course very much and I've only glanced at the chart, so I'm no expert on this one.

leparker
09-26-2008, 12:18 PM
If you are looking at the very first chord in the chart, its an A chord and doesn't contain any 6ths. I believe the 6ths come up during the licks. Scroll down the to the 2nd page of the chart and the 6ths are more clear.

I haven't messed around with this course very much and I've only glanced at the chart, so I'm no expert on this one.

Thanks, sometimes it's not clear what he's saying, what are suppose to be 6ths and what are not. I didn't think these were 6ths.

beboy
09-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Yeah, its tricky sometimes and the info comes at us so quickly.

Here's an example of a 6th:

------------
------------
------------
-----4------
------------
-----5------

Or this

------------
------------
------------
------------
----9-------
----5-------

You'll recognize that last one as part of this:

-------------------------
----7-----7----9----9---
----5-----5----5----5---

leparker
09-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah, its tricky sometimes and the info comes at us so quickly.

Here's an example of a 6th:

------------
------------
------------
-----4------
------------
-----5------

Or this

------------
------------
------------
------------
----9-------
----5-------

You'll recognize that last one as part of this:

----7-----7----9----9---
----5-----5----5----5---

Yeah, I thought I had a handle on it but then that one confused me because I thought it going to 6ths.