PDA

View Full Version : Joe Dalton

Charlie Doom
08-28-2008, 11:14 AM
When country guitar master Joe Dalton picks up a six-string; everyone listens. A phenomenon that has followed Joe since he was a snot nosed kid in the 5th grade.

http://truefire.com/bigtwang/joe.jpg

Having picked up his first instrument at age 5, Dalton should have been considered a musical prodigy if it weren’t for the plain fact that he was only one of the latest branches to sprout from a very musical family tree with a legacy that spans decades. His great-grandfather conducted the City of Rome Orchestra in Italy; his grandfather was the leader of the New York Philharmonic; his father is solely responsible for bringing mallets into the U.S. Army Band Corps; his brother teaches at the Boston Conservatory...we could go on, but you get the point, right? Musical prowess runs through his veins; it’s the nucleus of his existence.

Though, what really makes Dalton so special is that he’s not only a country guitar wizard who can twang anyone into another dimension, he’s also an accomplished drummer, keyboardist and some say, “He can even sing too” (a disclosure that Dalton humbly admits and does so only on the basis of it being hearsay). Yet, what Dalton calls “hearsay” others would call reputation and believe us, he’s got a good one. Dalton has written feature articles for Guitar Player Magazine, How to Play Guitar and Fingerstyle Guitar. He is a clinician for C.F. Martin Guitars, Aria Guitars, Picato Strings, Pignose Amplifiers, Seymour Duncan Pickups, Quick Lessons, GC Records and the Chet Atkins Appreciation Society. It’s no wonder that he’s in demand as one of the best players and educators around which is how we met him.

Joe has been a Friend of the Fire for some time now and his line of TrueFire courses has grown into a powerhouse. Joe’s 25 Country Licks You Should Know ranks as the best selling TrueFire course of all time. His latest offering from TrueFire, Joe Dalton’s Big Twang (http://truefire.com/bigtwang/bigtwang.html) is the second best selling course of all time. It bears repeating; when Joe Dalton picks up a six-string, everyone listens.

Speaking of TrueFire courses, Joe has recently taken a break from his studio sessions – he’s currently working on acoustic and electric solo projects – to visit our studios to do work on his latest course for acoustic blues. And since he’s such a swell guy, he’s agreed to monitor a thread on the TrueFire Forums, but the best thing is that he’s also agreed to hold an eClinic during his visit. Never heard of an eClinic? Don't worry, because we just invented it, and here’s how it works: you come up with some questions about Joe's courses, technique, tricks, theory or any other nugget of gold you desire and he will respond to it with a custom video that we’ll post on TrueFire TV. It’s that easy!

Now he is only here until the end of the week, so tune your axes and get those smudges off your computer screen, ladies and gentlemen we give you Joe Dalton.

P.S. If you haven't checked out Joe Dalton's Big Twang (highly recommended) follow this link (http://truefire.com/tftv/index.html?channel=bigtwang&videofile=&prewait=true) for some free lessons from the course. You might also be happy to know that 25 Country Licks You Should Know is now available as a free MP3 download from TrueFire.com (http://www.truefire.com) - just enter the keyword "Joe Dalton" in the search bar and take it from there.

_Charlie Doom

Ignited We Stand!

gadlaw
08-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Joe’s 25 Country Licks You Should Know ranks as the best selling TrueFire course of all time. His latest offering from TrueFire, Joe Dalton’s Big Twang is the second best selling course of all time.

Woot??!! Told you guys Country was popular. Geez. :) Most popular? Second most popular seller here? This sounds like a good reason to roll out that Bluegrass stuff sometime soon. :D I'm there with bells on.

slasner
09-02-2008, 08:47 AM
I have previewed Big Twang and think it is an incredible course!

While Joe was here he was kind enough to teach me a few licks and even nicer to let Truefire record video of Joe and I as he demonstrated some technique. I'm not worthy! I was thrilled at the opportunity to record some video with Joe!

Joe is truly a very cool person and yes an awesome guitarist! :cool: