PDA

View Full Version : truefire cash

lugnut
01-25-2010, 12:28 AM
Okay, I'm just getting back into it and need some help on how I redeem by TF cash. Can't I use this to buy any of the cdrom courses?

rjbasque
01-25-2010, 09:49 AM
As I mentioned in the other thread TF$ can be used for 25% of the price of TF courses. Go to the TF store. Login using your TFTV username/password. In the upper right you should see your Student level status and TF$ accounting. Browse the store, pick a course, add it to your cart and your discounts are applied automatically. If you are a Level 2 or 3 student that discount is also applied. Note that the Student discount is applied to the full purchase price and the TF$ discount is applied to the discounted price. Which for a Level 3 student works out to about a 44% discount (not 50%)

Also (as mentioned) there are the audio lessons at the bottom of the store pages. Looks like almost every thing is either free (TFU L2 or 3) or can be purchased w/100% TF$ (CASH BACK button)

Wolfboy1
01-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Frank Vignola has some cool tab/play along tracks that you can buy with your TF cash and there are other lessons as well. That challenging part is finding audio lessons that cost anything....most of them are free.

Franks stuff bottom left, they are $3.95 each.
http://truefire.com/list.html?store=audio_lessons

Frank Vignola Play Alongs…MP3/PDF…

How many times have you heard a professional musician say, “You have to know A LOT of songs.”? At a recent clinic I attended the clinician stated, “After I learned 100 songs I started to be able to construct melodic improvisation.”
Frank Vignola has developed a play along series that is dedicated to the learning of songs. You play along with Frank. He uses famous chord progressions writing new simple melodies (improvisations). You play the melody with Frank. Then you play rhythm while Frank plays a solo (which is transcribed for you) and then you play a solo while Frank accompanies you. It is strongly suggested to learn other famous melodies that can be played with the particular chord progression you are working with.
Simply put, Frank Vignola’s MP3/PDF play alongs will help you to learn new songs, work on songs you already know, improvise, learn new solo techniques and FEEL WHAT IT IS LIKE to play with world class musicians.

Each play along comes with the following:
1 – An MP3 file which is the audio play along track.
2 – A PDF file with the text explanation, the manuscript/TAB, a transcription of Frank’s solo, a Rhythm Guitar Part, melody chart, the arrangement and helpful hints.