PDA

View Full Version : Band Name Decided!

Wolfboy1
02-23-2009, 09:05 AM
As many of you know, deciding on a new name for our band has been a struggle. A couple of names were even run up the flag pole here to see the forum's views.
I thought the matter was more or less decided with "Night Court" I liked that alot. Unfortunately Nick the Greek, our bass player, had an ongoing phobia concerning "Bull," the guard from the TV show, and a rather large night stick....anyway it got rejected. So last practice the 5 of us sat down and decided. We have to get business cards, webites etc. so it was time. And the name chosen...

Take Five

Now we have to put that song into our repitoire. It's a great song but IMHO just not as good a name as Night Court. This was Bekaybe's idea so I give him credit for the wining entry :clapping:

Bekaybe
02-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Only give me credit if you like it....

If you don't like it, you can blame the bass player

gadlaw
02-23-2009, 09:55 AM
It sounds tasteful, musical and not a cliched lawyer joke. And if you all learn that song it'll be a great addition and a song everyone knows and has heard. That's a good thing. Congratulations, - elevated from a joke band to a band that can tell jokes. :rasta:

jauen
02-23-2009, 10:23 AM
What's wrong with cliched lawyer jokes? That's the best kind of lawyer joke. Cliched banjo player jokes never get old either ;-}

Name sounds great. Post a logo if you're making one!

- Jeff

It sounds tasteful, musical and not a cliched lawyer joke. And if you all learn that song it'll be a great addition and a song everyone knows and has heard. That's a good thing. Congratulations, - elevated from a joke band to a band that can tell jokes. :rasta:

tangoman
02-23-2009, 06:38 PM
I kind of liked Night Court, but something about being "JUDGED" all the time would lead me to like TAKE FIVE better. Something about it, sounds more RELAXED. :jimi:

beboy
02-24-2009, 08:18 AM
I can see you name in lights:

Puppet Show
and
Take Five

:) (Tap reference)

Take Five is a great choice.

Jestme
02-24-2009, 10:12 AM
I was leaning toward... 'Here come da judge'... Oh that wasn't being considered... Take Five is a cool tune and will be a fitting number for you all to play.

Good luck with the new band.