PDA

View Full Version : rhythmic grooves vs. rhythmology - What's the difference?

dorfmeister
04-23-2007, 10:20 PM
I am interested in both of these but am having a tough time determining how they are different.

Which do you like better?

Which have you found useful?

If you have only tried one of them what did you think of it?

MacDaddy
04-24-2007, 09:52 AM
I have just received my Rythmic Grooves in the mail. I am a big fan of Brad Carlton's style of teaching. The lessons are exactly what I need. They start out very basic and give you HOURS of stuff to work on. The first CD alone has really cool pdf files about strumming patterns and gives you a new way to think about stuff.

flathead
04-24-2007, 06:34 PM
it's been a long time since I've seen Rhythmic Grooves but I agree with what the previous guy said about it. A good portion of it deals with learning strumming patterns and having your rhythm 'in the pocket'. (And the strumming patterns aren't simple quarter note patterns, it's reasonably advanced stuff, you'll learn alot)

Rhythmology---I've watched about 1/3 of this course on AllAccessTv, it deals with taking a typical progression in a particular style of music and then learning techniques to spice it up to make your rhythm playing more interesting. For example he shows you a typical shuffle blues pattern that you've probably heard a million times and Brad shows you some techniques to make it sound more interesting.

Brad Carlton is an awesome teacher. All his stuff is worth the price, IMO.

Qrious
06-19-2007, 01:18 AM
I agree. Brad Carlton is a great player and teacher. His talent really shines in some of his more advanced lessons. I originally had the impression that his strength was rhythm playing. However, his soloing is equally impressive!! He can do it all.