PDA

View Full Version : George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic

golfnutt67
01-07-2009, 07:17 PM
A buddy of mine got me a ticket for the show tonight having never seen George before I am looking forward to it.Has anyone seen him/them recently, How are their show's these days?

gadlaw
01-07-2009, 07:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rhERCJKMr4

Whenever I need a question answered, it's to the batcave and a check of the intertubes. This clip is about ten minutes of July 07. :rasta: :)

golfnutt67
01-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks for that.

You know it's gonna get stranger so let's get on with the show!!! :rasta:

Hutch82
01-08-2009, 04:20 AM
A buddy of mine got me a ticket for the show tonight having never seen George before I am looking forward to it.Has anyone seen him/them recently, How are their show's these days?

Damn mofo.....I'm not jealous,look forward to your review have a good one

H

stevestarr123
01-08-2009, 03:35 PM
should be an entertaining evening if nothing else lofl

Dig them diapers, guess I'll be looking to buy me some of those babies in a few years :facepalm:

gadlaw
01-08-2009, 08:47 PM
should be an entertaining evening if nothing else lofl

Dig them diapers, guess I'll be looking to buy me some of those babies in a few years :facepalm:

Which reminds me of a visit to the doctors a while back and the nurse who saw my age and said to me that men my age need to have regular Colonoscopy to screen for Colon Cancer and she was ready to schedule me for one right there. Having actually had one before I told her I wasn't ready to star in my very own prison gay rape sex movie once again and would respectfully decline at this time. - Yak. :tongue:

'Asks Magic Eight Ball - "Will Stevestarr need to wear diapers soon? " Shakes Magic Eight Ball - The answer is - Depends.'

Wolfboy1
01-08-2009, 09:08 PM
:facepalm:

dude....all kidding aside the occasional colonoscopy is one of the very best investments some one our age can make. I've seen 2 folks(one a friend) die of colon cancer....it ain't pretty.

Take a day off, enjoy the meds and what the heck, if you've had it done once your virginity is already history :rasta:

golfnutt67
01-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Well it was quite a night where to begin. In the interest of full disclosure I only knew a few of the hits not familiar with the people in the band (other than George) or any kind of history. And let me also say it was kind of refreshing going to a show with no expectations or real knowledge of the performer. I usually am making out set list and comparing show etc.

So looking at all the gear on stage before it began made one think there was an opening act., but I knew there was not so this peak my curiosity. This is just what I can remember so it may be a little off.

6 yes 6 guitar players :rastagtr: each with there own half stack mesa's marshalls etc. :jimi:
3 Keys
1 Bass (bad a$$ btw)
1 drummer
10+ singers, backup singers, and general characters

The crowd was real interesting as well there were young hip-hop types, older classy looking and dressed people. The Deadheads were well represented ( I helped that category) Young white college kids ,and some real how shall I say this “interesting types that I would not want to do a disservice to by placing them in a single category. In fact the diversity of the crowd really led to my enjoyment of the evening. Everyone was getting along and having fun!

Once they started it was a constant jam If you like envelope filters auto wah’s a wah wah’s pedals (and who doesn’t) :clapping: it was heaven. I as well as the crowd were in constant motion for a good couple of hours. Now have seen some strange things at many a Dead shows but this atmosphere was right there and then some! :) All the musicians took their spots and all had smoothing a little different to add. Seeing 6 guitars going at it was different that’s for sure. I can only imagine what the party in the bus before and after the show was like. Cuz most of them were lit up like a xmas tree lol. The music was real good the whole “show” aspect was interesting, but all in all a great night I’m glad I was able to catch this one. When my buddy gets back I’ll get pics that he took and post them here if anyone is interested. Go check em out if you can. It was wild :rasta: :rasta: :rasta:

slasner
01-09-2009, 10:33 AM
nothing like some good funk! :rasta:

gadlaw
01-09-2009, 04:05 PM
:facepalm:
dude....all kidding aside the occasional colonoscopy is one of the very best investments some one our age can make. I've seen 2 folks(one a friend) die of colon cancer....it ain't pretty.
Take a day off, enjoy the meds and what the heck, if you've had it done once your virginity is already history :rasta:
Meds? You got Meds? Those damn dirty Bas#$ds didn't give me no Meds. Must have been me insisting for months and months that something was wrong with me and them assuring me there wasn't anything wrong until they scheduled me for the procedure (angry at me for wasting their time) and then said 'wow, you were right, there it is, we'll schedule you the surgery.' Before that I said 'Do I get any medication for this?' - Oh no, you don't need any.'
Anyways, of course you are right there Jeff- if you've the opportunity and means to get some of these tests done on occasion - please do take the opportunity. People our ages do die of these things and it's often times very preventable. And embarrassed? Well heck, I was about to get the uptenth Prostate Exam when in walks a cloud of Medical Students, they ask 'Do I mind if they watch since they were I don't know, learning Butt that day. I certainly didn't give a rats arse (so to speak) and said the more the merrier and dropped em. The moral of the story is of course to work out and wear clean underwear, you never know who might see you naked.

http://gadbuddhaa.tripod.com/gadlawblog/tinybkwink.gif

Wolfboy1
01-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Their day to learn butt! lofl Good man, I'm sure you made a few of the males feel a bit insecure in their manhood.

Back to the original thread.....

Our lead singer just got back from 5 days on the road with George Clinton and Parliment. She was singing back-up with a small choir she put together at their request. I had no idea she was so connected. We were treated to a few "interesting" road stories (I don't think I can share them publically) yesterday at band practice. She had the opportunity to go perform with them in DC at the inaugrual festivities but came back for band practice allegedly(I think she was worn out and needed to be at work).

Bekaybe
01-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Turns the pressure up a little bit, eh Wolfboy? lol

I had no idea she was doing backup singing for a national act... Pretty cool

slasner
01-21-2009, 03:46 PM
cool! She must be a great singer! Still waiting for some samples!!

Bekaybe
01-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Me too... lol....

Eh, Wolfboy's always busy.

golfnutt67
01-22-2009, 07:58 PM

Unfortunatly I dont have any shots with her the camera was gone by then dang!

Sorry guys for the delay here's what we got hope you enjoy

http://s391.photobucket.com/albums/oo352/golfnutt1967/George%20Clinton/

Wolfboy1
01-23-2009, 01:58 AM
Yeah but you got some good shots of George and Diaper dude! :shades: