PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone from a lurker

Mshrad
12-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Hello all and Happy Holidays!
I promised Slasner awhile back that I would begin posting. I'm a bit of a procrastinator - so sorry Slasner. My name is Mike Shrader and have been around Truefire for about 5 years. I'm actually lucky enough to work just down the road from the Truefire office in Saint Petersburg and have been able to perform with Truefire Live since 2003. What an experience that has been. I never thought I would be able to get up in front of a bunch of strangers and perform (and even sing) but low and behold and thanks to my bandmates and Truefire instructors - I can. I have gotten to know the folks at Truefire pretty well and they truly are a great bunch! They even indulge me as I attempt to play! Hope to get a bit more involved with posting in the forums in the future.

Hope you all have a great New Year!

Mshrad

Jestme
12-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Mike

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad to see you have decided to start posting. It sounds like you have some good experience and knowledge to share ... as well as perhaps a few influential friends :)

I'm a bit jealous - sitting here in New Hamshire wondering when the next ice or snow storm will be coming along. I may have to ask you to find me a place down there and introduce me to your friends.

Hope to see you in the boards...

Wolfboy1
12-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Welcome Mike!

5 years.....alright lets have some band stories :bigsmile:

jrhoden
12-26-2008, 12:54 AM
Hello Mike,

Glad you decided to stop by and say hello. I hope to see you around the forums.

John

gadlaw
12-26-2008, 02:39 AM
To go from 'I ain't getting up on that stage' to performing and hanging out with the cool guys. Sounds wonderful and your insights will be most welcomed and appreciated. It looks like we share a healthy respect for Red and the Truefire crew there as well. Welcome to the board and thanks for posting. :rasta: :)

slasner
12-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Glad you made it to the forum! :shades:

Mshrad
12-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Thanks to you all for the warm welcome.

Wolfboy1 - I could tell you some stories about the band. Mostly about my own shear terror to just being kinda nervous...

Mshrad

Bekaybe
12-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Welcome aboard.

beboy
01-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Welcome to the forums Mshrad! :guitare2:

Did you take the (in person) TrueFire course that teaches how to get out and play live? If so I'd love to hear more about what it was like. We here on the Forums don't know much about that course.

Jestme
01-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Welcome to the forums Mshrad! :guitare2:

Did you take the (in person) TrueFire course that teaches how to get out and play live? If so I'd love to hear more about what it was like. We here on the Forums don't know much about that course.

I didn't even know about the course. It sounds cool and interesting.

I'd love to hear about it.

Welcome to the forum Mshrad. Thanks for joining.

Rgalvez
01-04-2009, 02:25 PM
I didn't even know about the course. It sounds cool and interesting.

I'd love to hear about it.

Welcome to the forum Mshrad. Thanks for joining.
Even if you watch a hundred courses you will feel that nervous the first time , i assure you. It's just a matter of experience.

flathead
01-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Welcome Mshrad, glad you decided to check in. Although I totally understand the procrastinating part, I'm one myself.