PDA

View Full Version : Finished FIngerstyle Blues Handbook-What next?

snortch
08-01-2006, 06:51 PM
David,

I recently finished the Fingerstyle Blues Handbook and really enjoyed it! I like your teaching style in this medium. My desire to play the blues has not been satiated yet and I am wondering what you think I should buy next? I am considering the NewSchool fingerstyle blues course, but I have also been thinking that I should be focusing more on building skills and fundamentals. Somehow, just figuring out how to parrot back licks does not seem to me to be building my understanding of the guitar.

Are there any courses that mesh together practicing of fundamentals with learning blues licks. I don't tend to have a lot of attention for learning tons of theory, but I am guessing that I may never really figure this instrument out unless I start taking some theory in small doses.

Any suggestions?

Brad
11-17-2006, 11:14 AM
have you checked out the sequel yet? it deals with alternating thumb techniques and serves up 20 more tunes. After finishing 2, then have a look at New School Fingerstyle Blues.

beboy
11-17-2006, 03:18 PM
If you become a TFU member (here's a link http://truefire.com/join.html ) you can access all of the video courses online via "All Access TV" without having to buy them individually. This way, you can learn a bit about theory and learn blues licks, and whatever else you want to learn.

I became a member last month and I am very happy I did. The amount of materials you can access for the low monthly fee is a bit overwhelming (in a good way :D).

Congrats on completing the Fingerstyle Blues Handbook :)