PDA

View Full Version : Vamps, Jams and Improvisation

mopper511
10-14-2008, 08:02 AM
Somehow, I've always kind of overlooked this course. I concentrated on the more "basic" courses, like Caged Cracked, Rhythmic Grooves and Blues Alchemy. But yesterday I played through the first two lessons on TruefireTV and instantly "fell in love" with this one. It's so accessible and so much fun to play and at the same time you'll learn a lot!

I really liked the groove on both of these vamps (Dmin7 and Emin9) and I wondered which of the ten different Vamps do you like the most? And does the lessons get more difficult as you progress?

Mopper

Bekaybe
10-14-2008, 08:45 AM
This was the first TrueFire course I ever saw. Loved it. Been a while since I looked at it, but I do not recall the difficulty going up appreciably. But, I'm not sure how "studious" I was with it... meaning I remember playing along with the tracks more than watching the vids...

tev77
10-15-2008, 05:19 PM
I haven't really got round to doing this course yet but from the clips I have watched of it, it looks like a really beneficial course. Frank seems to be a really good teacher and you also have the transcriptions of what he is doing.

beboy
10-16-2008, 04:50 PM
I think Vamps, Jams and Improvisation will be a good course to work thru in conjunction with Frank's new course Inversion Excursion.

First learn some of the inversions that Frank teaches us then go to Vamps, Jams & Improv to apply those inversions.

Wolfboy1
10-16-2008, 07:53 PM
You know I have loaded several of the Vamps onto my Boss RC-2 and have had a blast....I gotta finish this course and CAGED Cracked.